From:
Jon Chamberlain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:13:49 -0500
I have installed an Audio Excel AV-306 soundcard into an HP Vectra VL Series 5 PC. However, when booted up, for some reason it detected it as a 'Magic 23'?Under device Manager control panel, there is the 'Magic 23' entry with a '?' next to it, as well as the correct entry.

Having installed the drivers that came with the soundcard, it works OK for a while, then throws up all sort of error messages such as 'cannot access device', 'device not working or not present', etc. and the only way to cure this seems to be to reboot.

I should point out that deleting the Magic 23 entry causes Windows to invoke the PnP process which re-installs the bogus entry.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jon

                     visit our download web page at: