From:
Geoff Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:13:02 -0400
Phillip,

what you will need in  an internal chip in your lap top that will allow you
to lock on to a 'local' server to be able to use the laptop the way you
describe.

Some places such as Coffee Shops have their own servers which would allow
your 'chip' to find the sever and for you to be able to access the internet
and your own email. As do many of the better Motels/Hotels on the road when
you might be travelling.

What you have to guard against is the fact that there are people out there
waiting to log on to your signal and get into your system sos you will need
to be sure that whagt you are doing is secure.

I use these services when I go away on vacation in such places as Florida
where servers close to vacation accomodations are being installed by the
apartment colmplex owners.

Works well as long as yolu are aware of some of the dangers,.

Geoff

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml