From:
Tom Billiodeaux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 06:15:53 -0600
Sometimes these thing have no logic.
After you boot up to w98 with the cd on the IDE2 channel, go back and
install it as slave on IDE1 channel.
be sure it is on the same middle cable connection as was in original
slave/master setup.

Might try to swithch hdd to Channel IDE2 and try that leaving the cd on Ch1
then add it to slave with hdd.

I've had to reboot a few times and go to bios and click to force the device
to be recognized, but you are saying that bios IS recognizing the device.

Try these things. You should get it to work.
Isn't this fun!