Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 01:33:01 +1000
Dennis Thiel wrote:

> Hello Everyone.
>
> My computer has long delays when booting. Using bootlog analyzer, it says
> "InitDone = TSRQuery (time estimated)" and it takes approximately 26 seconds
> for this.

this is too long, did you know what TSRs your system load up when booting?

> After post, the Windows 98 splash screen comes up, then the screen
> goes black with a flashing cursor in the upper left corner and it sits
> there, presumably doing the TSR query,

Windows is loading graphics driver here,and display your desktop. TSR doesn't
have anything to do here, so this is more graphics related. After graphics
driver is loaded, you will start to see desktop, depending on how big and
complex your desktop is and what program/who many to start in windows start up
list, there will be some delay.

> then goes in to windows. I've looked
> in all my startup files, in the registry, and I can't for the life of me
> find out why it's doing this. Has anyone else had this problem?
> Norton antivirus runs in the background, along with ZoneAlarm, and ICQ net
> detect.

These three guys are enough to delay your system when booting, ICQ net detect
will take few seconds, Norton will take longer (if you enable Auto-protection),
ZoneAlarm take some time too, so around 15s delay (after start up windows) is
normal. ICQ task is really fast as long as you don't have permanent connection
to the net, Norton and ZoneAlarm are playing major rolls to the delay.

You may post your questions to PCSoft since the problem looks like pure software
based.

Jun Qian

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org