From:
Cathy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:10:17 -0700
Hi everyone,

I originally submitted this problem to PCSoft, thinking it was a software issue, but I'm told it's a hardware issue, so here goes...

I am a computer novice and desperately need help.  My monitor died.  I received a used one from a friend.  It worked fine except the display did not use all the monitor screen, leaving a large black frame around the display.  I would have to scroll to see even small documents.  I was told to follow the instructions in 'Help' titled "To calibrate your display to actual dimensions".  I did this.  It did not increase the desktop to match the available monitor screen, but rather only magnified the fonts, icons, etc within the same space.  Now the right-hand side and bottom portions of the display is off screen and even scrolling will not bring it into view.  I am really stuck because I cannot get at the tabs (they've disappeared off the monitor screen) to return the settings back to the original size and start over.  How can I undo what I have done (when I can't access the required tabs with a mouse), and how do I increase the desktop size to match the monitor size?  I have Windows 98.

Thanks for any help,
Cathy Pierce

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com