From:
Clyde Lerner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1998 00:36:19 -0700
At 10:25 PM 5/26/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Any ideas on the least expensive way for two computers running win95a  to
>share a printer?  It will be about a 5 foot run for one computer, and
>anywhere from 60 to 80 foot for the other.  One person has suggested
>"Network in a Box"... which has 2 NIC's (Network Interface Cards).. the
>BNC cabling that would go between each, and the ethernet software which
>runs about $89 dollars?  Along with that purchase, the computers could
>also share resources as an added benefit, so I've heard.

Yes, this is a great way to do it.  Make sure you get PCI NICs as many
people have filled up available ISA slots.

Just out of curiosity, what type of printer do you have?  I have an HP
855CSE and have had problems sharing this printer over a network and have
yet to find the cause of the problems.

HTH,
Clyde Lerner