From:
William A Council <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:01:37 -0400
Good Day One and All,

        I am working on a system that
                a) has a virus
                b) does not recognize the CD-Rom Drive

System Specs IBM 486 with 32 MB running Windows 95

I have placed CD-Rom Drivers using write-protected diskettes in the
Windows/command directory and added the corresponding line to the
Config.sys. I see this load when the system boots. However, once inside
windows 95, it only shows the A and C Drives. Another thing of note is
that the Windows Taskbar only shows the clock and the Start Button. My
thought is that Windows could be corrupted on fundamental level. Psion
Software was installed on the system by the client and sometimes it's
icon appears right next to the clock. (This has happened once after I
have removed the program from the Startup.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

With Warm Regard and Heartfelt Thanks,

William Alfred Council
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!