From:
alan smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2005 22:33:03 -0500
I recently tried to add an older hard drive to my newer 7200rpm drive. My
computer would not recognize either drive. I tried 6gb, 10gb, 20gb all to no avail. I found out that they ran at 4500 & 5400rpm! As soon as I put in another 7200rpm, the computer found both. It looks like they are like RAM cards.
Speed fussy and they must have something in common.   AL SMITH

Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Free PC Tech has an excellent tutorial at:
http://freepctech.com/pc/001/004.shtml
If you don't have a boot disk, you can get one at: http://www.bootdisk.com/

Dave Moore wrote:

>I have acquired several used HDs. From what I was told, they have all been wiped clean by doing a complete format. I installed one in a used Dell Dimension L600r but without an OS on the HD, I cannot get to recognize a disk drive. I am going to install Win98SE since that is the only legal OS that is not being used. How can I install the OS.

with the OpenOffice CD... at a great price!!!