Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 11:17:11 -0700
Hi
The switches wouldn't work for me either.
 I tried installing SE over 98 and 95 and recieved the message: "you already
have a operating system use a upgrade."
Apparently nothing changed as this was the same message without the
switches.
 My SE edition is not an upgrade but my 98 is an upgrade.
so, I can't install my SE over 95 or 98 but can install 98 over 95 and
install SE on a clean hard drive.
 I tried different combinations of the switches and nothing let me install
my SE over 95 or 98.
I don't see any value in using the  /NTLDR switches, but the other switches
listed on the website could be useful if one had the time to become familar
with them.

mike michel

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:25: MARC  wrote:

>    Hmmm, that command line option still didn't work for me -it said the
same
>  thing when I tried to install Win98.  Also tried a couple other command
line
>  switches to no avail.
>
>  Marc
>

>  > On 9 Oct 2000, at 19:41, Marc E. Mosher wrote: about [PCBUILD] Windows
98
>  SE install over 1st edition
>  >
>  > >   But when I try to install it on my Windows 98 1st edition computers
>  > > it says there's already an operating system and stops at that point.
>  >
>  >  I think they sold you an OEM version of win 98SE.
>  >
>  > > I've tried renaming the WIN.COM file and some things like that but
>  > > nothing works.
>  > >
>  > >   Does anyone know of any way to install Windows 98 SE full install
over
>  Windows 98 1st edition without deleting the whole operating system, etc?
>  >
>  > Check this site out.
>  >
>  > http://fp.computers.pcc.edu/pmcg/HTML/setup_switches.htm
>  >
>  >
>  > Setup /NTLDR eliminates Windows' identification of previously installed
>  > versions of the OS. This can help you if you're stuck with a PC maker's
>  > crippled OEM/VAR Windows CD-ROM that will set up only on a new
>  > PC with no version of Windows installed. The switch ignores this
>  > limitation, enabling you to re-install Windows if necessary.
>  >
>  > Hope this helps.
>  >
>  > Don