From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 10:51:00 -0800
Hi Mike,
Any time I have ever had this problem it was due to incompatible RAM in my
machine. I would try to use the "cheaper" ram, and would have the registery
problems. If I changed to "Lifetime" the problem would go away. This was on
a P120. Hope this helps.
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA

Mike said:

Hello to all

I have a machine that I built from pieces and parts and gave to my son's
girlfriend so they could talk interstate via e-mail.  Here is the problem

She returned the machine to me with a recurring problem that on startup it
would give an error that the registry could not be properly read, restart to
recover from backup registry.  She would restart, with the same error
message.  Same error message in Safe Mode.

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com