From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 03:22:21 -0000
Hi, I can't remember much of the question now, but I have a vague idea what
it was.(I think)
Have you defragged and run a thorough scandisk lately?
I would make sure that there are no errors on the drive (tick or check the
box that says fix all errors)
Maybe you've done that already, forgive me if you have, I have no idea what
has or hasn't been done so far.
It may not even help, but it can't do any harm.
Which operating system are you running? My sister's children found that in
xp, logged in as limited users, they could install programs, which I think
is exactly the opposite of your problem. (There is no way they should have
been able to do that, but it was as if they were administrators!)
Shortly afterwards, her computer crashed after Norton suddenly reported 4
viruses in a row. It never started again until it was formatted and
reloaded.This was around 3/4 weeks ago.
Try checking for viruses with updated definitions. That's always a good
idea. Do a full virus scan.
Let us know if you come up with anything.
If not, I'll try to think of something else.
Michele Sayer

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com