From:
Jim McCrary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 06:15:41 -0700
I haven't been following this, but here is my "free" feedback.

I just had a similar problem with a atx12v power supply.
Turns out the battery on the motherboard went dead (is the unit older).
I had to put a new battery in program the bios to use and external switch to turn it on (the power supply had a switch on it).  I actually had to jumper the "power on" wire to common just to get the thing to come on to where I could program it.  (Green wire to black on the atx12v).

joseph marty <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
The most likely reason is that you have the cables from the power button to the mobo hooked up wrong. The manual for the mobo must have a drawing or picture of the mobo connectors and how they should be attached. Look again and make sure you didn't connect them vertically when they should be horizontal, or vice versa. That happened to me the first time I built a computer, and it was because I connected them in vertical alignment, when the pins they should have been connected to were next to each other horizontally. If the green light on the mobo is on it is getting juice from the PS, so if it isn't the power button connectors being wrong then the power switch is broken (not too likely on a new case) or something much worse. Usually it is the power button connection. Look again and carefully match the manual photo or drawing.

Danial Day wrote:

>I just got done building my new computer and it won't turn on. The green light on the motherboard is on but when i hit the power button on the case nothing happens. I disconnected every power cord but the two to the motherboard and it's still the same. I also pulled all the memory sticks out and the board didn't beep. anyone have any advice? it's a p4 system and it's all hooked up proper and compatable.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

support at our newest website:
http://freepctech.com