From:
Gordon McFarland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:03:42 -0600
HI William Patton

Thought I would put my two cents worth in on the subject. I have had
similar problems on some of our computers.

Sometimes just deleting *.pwl for the login will not get rid of the little
Splash screen when you first turn the computer on (even the you follow the
instructions and say OK to no password).

If this happens Right Click on Network Neighborhood, then Properties. Make
sure Primary Network Logon is "Windows Logon".

I have had some instances where unless it is set this way the initial logon
screen will not go away. Then later you usually can go back and change your
Primary Logon method.

After the first reboot it will give you the choice of not putting a
password in (select OK) and "sometimes" it will ask you to confirm your
decision.

Hope this helps
TTYL
Gordon