From:
David Farrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:28:03 -1000
I agree with Dennis, you need to know if the remote is IR or RF (radio
controlled) for operation. I would add check the batteries in the remote
(it sounds like weak batteries to me) and are there controls on the bed
that operate all the bed functions by buttons so you can possibility
eliminate the replaced part or repair work? I mean do the bed functions
all work without the remote?

Dennis Noble wrote:

>...I would say that it couldn't be your computers....
>
>It is important to know whether the remote is infra Red, or Radio
>Controlled. If it is IR like 99.9% of all remotes out today, it will
>only work within a line of site of the receiver. If the receiver is
>receiving interference, the bed should at erratically even when the
>remote is not being used. This would lead me to believe that either the
>beds receiver or the remotes transmitter is broken.
>

>>I have a remote control for my electric bed (needed for back problems)
>>

>and
>

>>I just had a part replaced.   The remote now works only at certain
>>

>levels.
>

>>If I'm standing up and start the remote to raise the bed, it will work
>>

>if
>

>>I hold it above my head or below my waist.  (that's sometimes... it's
>>random... sometimes it works at waist level).  The remote actually
>>

>stops
>

>>as if there is an invisible force blocking it.
>>
>>The installer said that it's because I have a lot of computers.  (I
>>

>have 5
>

>>computers and DSL).   He also said it could be a neighbor with
>>

>powerful
>

>>electronic equipment.  The remote worked the day before the part was
>>replaced.  I didn't add any electronic equipment during or after the
>>

>part
>

>>was replaced.    I unplugged my computers and my DSL modem and sitll
>>

>have
>

>>the problem.   All my other remotes work (vcr, electric fan).
>>
>>Is it possible that my DSL or computers just being in the house could
>>cause the interference?   Or, if it's a neighbor, how can I tell
>>

>who/what
>

>>is causing the problem?  Is there a way for me to shield my remote
>>

>from
>

>>the interference?
>>
>>Or, do you think the installer is wrong and something went wrong with
>>

>the
>

>>electric bed?   I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions you can give me.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>