From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 11:42:02 -0600
At 09:08 AM 7/21/2001, Tom Landon wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have just bought a PII 333MHz machine to replace my wife's dead comp.
>
>Everything is straight foreward with one exception. I need to add USB to
>the unit. The mobo is an ASUS P2E-B. This mobo supports USB using a case
>mounted module (part # 90-C10040-0?). However, I can't get thru to ASUS
>tech support, and, 2 of their resellers can't tell me if this is the
>correct mokule for this mobo. It has been 3 days since I e-mailed the
>question to ASUS.
>
>I need this machine up and running as quickly as possible!
>
>Should I hold out for the origin ASUS part, or should I just go ahead and
>use a slot mounted USB card?

The add-on cards work just fine in all the systems I have personally added
one.   As far as waiting on ASUS, even if you find out the right part and
even find one available to buy...  odds are good it will need to be shipped
to you.  For the cost of the add-on card, roughly $20, if you have an available
PCI slot...   I would opt for this approach.  Get the card in and be done with
the upgrade.

       Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group