From:
Jeffrey Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 00:04:41 -0500
Mark Rode wrote:

> I am considering  a Memorex CRW-1622 Internal 2X6 CD Re-Writeable Drive,
> E-IDE. Has any one had any experience with Memorex CD RW.....would you
> recommend them? I have heard that they are actually made by Phillips....can
> anyone confirm this.

Mark,

There's a thread on alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.d that directly addresses
the Memorex CRW-1622 CD-RW. The vast majority of those participating in
that discussion have good things to say about the 1622, so much so that
I'm considering getting one for myself, especially now that the price is
well under $300. A strong selling point for that group, (considering
where the discussion is taking place), is that it handles DAE, or
Digital Audio Extraction, which apparently many other drives do not.

Negatives include the short 1 year warranty and little or no support
from the manufacturer. Take everything I've just said with a grain of
salt, since I'm passing on second hand info, paraphrasing greatly. To
follow that discussion directly, just do a search on Deja News.

HTH

Jeff Delzer