From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:15:27 -0600
I just finished a repair on a system with a similar situation. It turned out
to be a bad power supply. In my situation, the tower lights lit up, the fans
all worked, and you could hear the hard drive begin to spin up. I could see
the system begin to boot, as it would show the Bios information, then the
monitor would go blank, and stop the boot progress.

So......  even when it appears that the power supply is good, it may not
have enough power for the system to operate. So, try a new power supply
first, if you can. It is MUCH less to replace than the MotherBoard!!!

Steve Wolfe

> >Dzingai Chakazamba <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >When I switched on my computer it would not start. At first I
> >thought the power cable to the Hard Disk had slipped off, but this was
not
> >so. The PowerSupply fan and Processor cooler are working. There is not
the
> >"beep" of POST. I do not know what the matter is. Is it the Motherboard
or
> >BIOS chip.
> >
> >==What did you do between the time you switched the computer off the last
> >time it was working and the time it would not boot?  Anything?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org