From:
Connie Clifton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 07:47:45 EDT
Hello,
  I am a first time contributor so any help is appreciated.
  I am working on a  3 yrs old HP Pavillion 744 running Windows ME.  The
problem is it stopped running Windows ME,  it won't boot past the ME screen.  I
first got a file missing or corrupted error message, so I ran the restore CD and
when I rebooted I got the same thing.  Went to HP website and tried to go
step-by-step as they suggested, now I get the message " file allocation table bad
Drive C" and the restore program aborts.  I tried first to restore without
formating the Hard Drive with no luck.
So I used the restore disk to try to format and restore,  it still aborts.
   Help?  Anyone?
  Connie Clifton

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com