From:
"Villano, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 07:37:18 -0400
I just got an Intel PC Camera Pro Pack video camera at home and tried it
out.  My computer is a PII and my sister's (on the other end) is a PIII.
The video was very good but the audio was very choppy.  Is that all from
bandwidth clogging or would it improve if I had a PIII?  We tried several
calls and got bizarrely different results each time.  The first Intel Video
Phone call came out very clearly videowise for both of us and my audio was
received by her very well but her audio was garbled.  (I think she had the
speakers too close to the microphone.) Netmeeting showed me my own picture
but not hers, with fair audio, then I could see her but she couldn't see me,
and the audio from her end was unintelligible.  Finally we tried the video
phone again and her system showed she had no camera loaded and gave me a
message that her video wasn't available.  Is all of this from low bandwidth
or would PIII help?  I'd assume using DSL would help but just heard on TV
that DSL is not living up to its promise either.  Seems to be a trend of
marketing new technologies big time before they're really workable.  SIGH.

Paul

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html