From:
Richard Hallett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 07:49:03 -0500
So checking for the better price on the website I asked for what the
salesman  said was hi density ram.  He then waited a long time and said my
board a Soyo K7 VIA 2AA3;VIA KX133 could only handle low density memory.  He
had asked the number of chips on the present memory and could not seem to
get it in his head  that did not count.  The assumption seemed to be made
that this was cast in marble by a computer company.  Which in this case
would have been me.  I have run several sticks of 128 in this but wanted to
run the 256 instead.  Of course the reasons are as given - pictures.

Is there such a thing as a hi density /lo density problem or was the
salesman trying to sell the more expensive lo density?

Thankyou

Rick

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml