From:
Steve Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 06:29:57 -0400
Hi Yakymakha,

The A7N266-E has the same core found on the AGP cards. We've tested the
MOBO using 3DMark 2001 and have found the results to be quite
satisfactory (although slower than the equivalent GeForce 2 card).
While it's true that there is still a bias towards discrete video cards,
unless you are trying to push the video envelope, there are definite
cost savings realized when you consider that a decent graphics card is
still more expensive than a great MOBO with integrated graphics.
Discreet cards are still the only viable solution for CAD, animation, 3D
modeling, hard core gaming and the like.  Even then, you wouldn't use,
for instance, a VX1 card for gaming.  The quality of onboard graphics
and sound have made huge gains in the last year or so and we have been
receiving glowing reports about these boards from our customers who
consider price along with quality.  Like any other decision, we find
that it's a matter of applications and priorities.

        Cheers,
        Steve