From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:01:23 -0500
With careful planning, deltree works fine.  I especially use it in my office
environment for pc's that use apps that install little or nothing to the
windows directory tree, and there are many.  We use a lot of network
apps, and they all support a client install from the server path which is
very easy and fast to run, so all I need to do is install windows and the
network client, update the video driver, and run any network client
installs I want, create new shortcuts on the desktop, and I'm done.
If I'm re-installing MS Office I deltree the c:\program files\Microsoft Office
directory tree too and do a complete re-install from the cd.
I prefer to reformat, but sometimes when a system is moved to a different
employee, the quickest way to crush the old guy's preferences, etc is
the faster procedure using deltree.
Tom Turak

Sent: Sunday, March 21, 1999 3:00 PM

Why won't deltree work? If you kill all of the windows files (including
registry, etc) and do a reinstall, what difference does it make if you
format the drive or not. Admittedly you will still have to reinstall most of
your apps to get them working properly.

Not criticizing, just curious.

Karl Gottshalk

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html