From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 18:43:35 -0700
Greetings Everyone:
As you know, I wrote about a problem I was having back in June  with an
HP Pavilion shutting down and turning back on again. The end to this
anomaly is here.

Intel's Tech Support for the AnyPoint Home Network has admitted that
there is a problem with their card in some machines. <smile> How's that
again? Yes, Intel said there was a problem and they didn't try to side
step the issue or put the cause on HP or Microsoft. I really appreciated
that. More major corporations should follow suit.

As to what was causing the problem, they didn't know. After following
their recommendations on trouble shooting that didn't work, They offered
to send me a USB model to try and I accepted. The unit arrived, was
installed, configured and it did the trick. No direct connection to the
MOBO would. <smile>

So, there you have it. Problem solved but the question still remains as
to what caused it in the first place on this particular MOBO and the
others Intel eluded too. I guess I will never know.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html