From:
Harlen Linke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 11:39:59 -0400
Hi everyone...

A friend of mine has a strange problem. She just recently bought a new
computer (details below) and is just now experiencing slow screen
refreshes. For instance: making any windows the active window and pressing
F5 to refresh results in blank screen (color of the desktop) and a very
slow redraw of the entire screeen. It doesn't matter which windows it is,
desktop, windows explorer, control panel, etc. It has just recently started
doing this.

Her computer:

P3-733 133MHz Bus
DFI CA61 FCPGA Motherboard
250 Watt Power Supply
128MB PC-133 Ram
ATI All-in-Wonder Pro 16MB TV/DVD Vid card
Sound Blaster Live
Western Digital 15.3GB Hard Drive
50x CDRom Drive
Richo CD-RW/DVD Drive

I have already gone over the Adapter's refresh rate and changed it to
Adapter Default and Optimal with no change.

She DOES like to tweak settings, upgrade software and install new stuff...
so that may be some clue. When asking her what she has installed or
upgraded recently, I get "A lot" for an answer.

Anyone seen this symptom before and know of a cure?

Thanx All...

Harlen Linke

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions