Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 12:12:49 +1200
Further to my earlier posts about this, I believe now that the culprit was the driver disk for the Hewlett Packard 2210 printer.  Somehow, it was managing to screw up the system to the extent that it was losing contact with the C drive.

Anyone else run across this problem?

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

"Interesting development in the PC that lost it's C drive.  I got it going again, as I detailed earlier, but when I returned to the customer's house, and tried again to install his new HP 2210 printer, the same thing happened!

I put in the HP driver disk, and began the install again and again it locked up.  Then, on reboot, C drive had disappeared again.

However, after a few restarts, I did manage to resurrect the system."

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com