From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 11:27:23 -0800
I bought an "Xpert DVD Maker" card from www.newegg.com which comes with
software to do just what you want to do. You also need a DVD writer for your
computer (I have an NEC) and DVD media. It costs in the neighborhood of $100
to get started from scratch. When doing the transfer directly from VHS to
DVD, I learned to set the rate at the lowest setting for the best quality.
After all the tape is only playing at 1X speed no matter how fast you try to
write to DVD.

I'm sure their are other methods to do this transfer. This method works for
me. I also assume you are OK with working inside the computer to install the
card and the DVD writer.

Tom Mayer

Is there a way to transfer VHS movies to dvd's. I assume they are not
digital vhs tapes. I have some old home movies that I'd like to make a copy
that will last. I have seen places where they will do it for a price if I
drop the tapes off. I just thought it might be a good excuse to buy myself a
new toy for Christmas and do it myself if there was such a thing.

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL