From:
Jim Gill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 00:10:23 -0500
My niece has a Gateway Solo notebook. It was working fine. Now whenever
you try to boot from the HD, you get the standard "Non System disk in
drive. Please replace and press any key" message. This laptop uses one
bay for the floppy and CD drives so you can only have one installed at a
time. She did not make a bootable floppy rescue disk. I was able to get
to DOS with a bootable floppy that I had handy. I could read the
directory structure but I could not load WIN 95. I forget the exact
error message, something to the effect that I couldn't load Windows with
that version of DOS. Before I call Gateway for her, I was hopeful that
someone on the list might offer a simple solution.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Gill

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com