From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:58:07 -0400
At 8/20/2003 04:17 PM, bob wrote:

>I will soon be switching to a cable connection for internet access and =
>adding  a LinksysBEFSR41 ver.2 router (hand me down from my son) to =
>connect 2 computers for internet access.  I currently have the XP Pro =
>firewall enabled on my modem connection will this be sufficient =
>protection?

I think that the Link Sys router's hardware firewall is better than your XP
software firewall.  The XP firewall wouldn't be doing anything except
taking up CPU cycles.  If you want to beef up your firewall more than the
router's hardware, I would get ZoneAlarm to monitor "outgoing" requests,
which are not monitored by the router firewall.

Doug

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml