From:
Wally Bruchman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 11:48:03 -0500
Sorry - an incomplete copy got mailed prematurely - here is the full version:

Hi

I am trying to reformat my c drive - have done it before but having problems.  Here is what i am doing:

1. start with boot disk in a drive and come to a:\
2. type in "format c: /s"
3. I get "bad command or file name message"
4. same result using c:\
5. same result using "format c:" command

I also tried starting in Windows and switching to dos but when I put in the "format c:" command i get the following message:

Drive c: is currently in use by another process. Aborting format.

I have nothing on this system except Windows 95 ( upgrading to 98) - no programs at all.  When I hit alt, contrl, del there is nothing running except Explorer

Thanks for any help,

Wally B