From:
Brendhan Horne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 09:05:20 -0700
David G wrote:
  The 15-pin connector was introduced with the VGA in 1987.  Older
types used a 9-pin connector.

  I'm aware of two "common" exceptions:

1.  Some high-end monitors accept 4 or 5 BNC connectors instead.  A
very few video crds provide similarly separate output connectors, a
15-pin to multiple BNC cable is more common.

2.  The original NEC Multisync monitor had a 9-pin connector (it came
out before VGA), but could easily adapt to VGA signals by adding a 9-
to-15 pin adapter.

Thanks Dave as I have been looking into this I have found that some of the old IBM ps/2 with the IBM monitors had 12 pins, I am not sure what year they are but the workstations had 200mb HDD and the servers had 540mb HDD. They ran OS2 warp. Also the monitor plug in the back of the Computer has only a 12 pin allowance I can't put a 15 pin moniter on it.
I still don't know where 11 pin comes from but at this stage nothing would surprise. Any more info on monitor types would be appreciated.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html