From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:58:11 -0700
Why are you trying to access the drive from DOS? Just run a file wiper
program under Windows and be done with it! If nothing else, just write a big
file to the drive so that it will overwrite all information that had
previously been on it. That will be the somewhat equivalent of a secure
erase. Ok, guys, I know that a true secure erase requires writing multiple
patterns to the disk repeatedly to the tune of 10 times or more. But we are
not talking about to security here, are we?

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml