From:
Kenneth Whyman SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:44:27 -0700
You may be able to program the television to use a fixed IP address
rather than rely on DHCP to set the values properly. Using a wireless
repeater instead of a second router may be the way to go here, and fixed
addressing may speed up the connection process. Another idea to explore
if your house wiring is up to snuff is to use a pair of adapters to
tunnel Ethernet over power. I haven't tried it myself to see how
reliable it is, but I've heard reports from tech friends of mine locally
in Phoenix that suggest it's worth a shot. The one caveat to Ethernet
over power that I've heard about is that it can be affected by voltage
changes on the line, i.e. brownouts and surges. I hope one of these
ideas will prove useful.