Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:52:00 -0700
Hi Dean,

I am in the same situation as you. My older APC UPS units could be silenced,
but the newer APC1000 continues to beep as long as the power is out.
Checking with APC tech support I was informed that this is part of their
design and there is no way to configure it otherwise. Although I planned to
install a switch to turn off the beeper, I never got to doing so. If I get a
chance to try it soon, I will let you know the results.

Peter Shkabara
760-451-1643