From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 02:25:37 -0800
  You're correct that the registry is involved, but the message you report
is describing a problem found in the code which is accessing the registry,
rather than the registry data itself.  (The problem may be in initial data
retrieved from the registry, which is being used to attempt further access.)

David Gillett

On 8 Mar 2004 at 9:30, Alex Khouri wrote:

> Dear Sirs:
>
> I have a problem getting to the "Properties" in any file or folder on my Windows XP Pro.
> When I click on "Properties" I get the following message:
> "RegOpenKeyEx : (0x00000006) The handle is invalid"
>
>                                   "OK"
>
> The "Properties" window opens only after I click on the "OK",
>
> It seems to me that it has something to do with the Registry.
> Of course I  will not dare tweaking with the registry without very specific instructions.
> Thanks for your help
>
> Alex

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml