From:
Paul Wittry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 16:12:37 -0800
Hello,

I am running OpenLinux 1.2 on a HiNT 486DX VL-BUS Mainboard by Win
Technologies Co., Ltd., Model: MV045. This main board is unique in
it's ability to use both 30 and 72 pin SIMM's. A great idea, IMHO.

However, OpenLinux is apparently unable to handle the memory mapping?
I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to memory problems, and the
resulting error messages, but that is what seems to be the problem.

Has anyone had any experience with this, or something similar? I've
downloaded the Manual, and it says nothing about this. (Not a
surprise considering the name of the Company, Win Technologies Co.).

If I could get this to work, I could double the RAM available to the
machine, and Linux. I now have 20MB.

Oh, the CPU is an AMD 486DX4-120 ENHANCED. (Fastest thing I've been
able to scrounge. . . er, a. . Reclaim.

Thanks a bunch for any help you can find the time to give,

-ppw3

--

| \   / | Paul Wittry <[log in to unmask]> |

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html