From:
James Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 08:53:47 -0500
Hi all, heres a good one I keep getting an error that is not letting me
run
anything but 640x480 16 colors and I cant figure out the answer for it.
The
exact message I get from windows is when it starts up the error  message
that I get is as follows: " Software has been installed which interferes
with the proper working of win95 display mini driver. Specifically, a
chaining display driver has been added. These are commonly used by remote
screen programs. You may run in VGA mode with the chaining driver installed.
You may run in a higher resolution by getting updated software from the
vendor or by uninstalling the chaining driver." This is very weird according
to the person that worked on the machine before me said that he thinks that
these problems started happening around the time he uninstalled Norton
Anti-Virus but I installed it and still the problempersists, any help on
this matter would be really appreciated as I am at aloss now I dont see any
commands to load any unusual drivers in the
registry or the ini files,,  TIA

                             James