From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:03:35 -0400
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Herbert Graf wrote:
> >         I'm kind of confused here: does thae hard drive work?
> If so then you
> > shouldn't be worried about drivers for the IDE controllers,
> they are already
> > there.
>
> Herbert,
>  The HD is working, but in a sluggish way. What I am missing under HD
> controllers is the line referring to Intel.

        You will have to determine which chipset your board uses and get the proper
drivers for it, the manufcaturer of the board should have these drivers. It
may NOT be an Intel chipset though.

> > in the oldest versions of Windows, look under the add new
> hardware control
> > panel applet, select CDROMs and select Mitsumi, select the
> correct one. Hope
> > this helped.
>
> It comes with a red-cross (disabled) icon when we try adding new HD.

        I'm not sure why you are referring to a HD here. The CDROM you have has
nothing to do with hard drives, it does not use an IDE connection. If the
CDROM in device manager has a red x it means that your settings are
incorrect. You need to find the port, IRQ and DMA settings of the interface
card and match them to what device manager has. Your HD is a completely
seperate issue. TTYL

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml