From:
Byron Wolter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:37:23 -0500
There is no administrator. It's my own classroom and I'm "in charge." I took
my router from home and hooked it up to the hub. Then hooked the router to
the printer. I was then able to run the HP Network Printer Setup Wizard
which found the printer with an IP address assigned by the router.  So, I'll
tell the school to buy a router so I can take mine home.

Thanks,

Byron Wolter

Hi,

Are you the network administrator at work?  You may have to contact the
administrator to add a device to the network.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore
=======================

I recently obtained a HP DeskJet 1600 with a built-in JetDirect server
card. I tested it at home on my network and it worked. At home, it was
connected to my router.

I took to my classroom and hooked it up to the hub. When running the
network printer setup wizard, it never found the printer. The test page
from the printer indicates zeroes for the IP address.

The only difference between home and the classroom is that I used a
router at home and a hub at work.  Will I have to have a router in the
classroom as well? Or is there some other way?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml