Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:38:59 -0400
Transition from Window$ 98 to Window$ XP was one agonizing eXPerience for
me, but I had no choice.  We still have and are maintaining a few Window$ 98
systems which some customers still are not comfortable to the idea of
switching to XP.  Because of this I made sure that we have all the updates
(Critical Updates, Driver Updates and Service Packs) for W98 in our own
archive and are on CDs in case we need them.  I am planning to do the same
for ME and 2K NT (this is hard labor, I tell you!)

Although M$ has extended the availability of W98 updates, I subscribe to the
idea of having my own files ready for our W98 systems' rainy day.  Few
months ago, Ian Porter brought up the topic about the W98's End of Life as
posted in one of M$'s  websites.  From this discussion someone also brought
up the download site for all W98's Updates and Service Packs that you can
download for later installation.

I was able to retrieve the information from this List's Archives to share it
with anyone who is interested in downloading the known Window$ 98 Critical
Updates  and SPs.   I recommend creating a separate folder on your hard
drive (I called mine W98 Updates) and download all the (applicable) updates
into this folder.  Then you can archive the files for future use.   For
dial-up users you might need to schedule your downloading late at night for
less intereferences.
This site is a very valuable source of information for this purpose (FOR
WINDOW$ 98 USERS) and I give the credit to Ian Porter and a fellow Lister
(sorry, I lost track of him/her) who came up with this URL.  Make sure you
have enough space on your harddrive.

Click on the link below to access the site:

 http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/downloads/corporate.asp

Good luck,
Emie DelRosario