From:
"J. H. Meinema" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 23:28:35 +0200
Hi, Bob...

> I need to install 20 new AMD Duron 600 P/Cs along with 4 Printers.  The idea is to share printers among the computers.
> 1- Should I set up five P/Cs  in a cluster that share 1 printer with NIC cards and a 5 port Hub?    or
>
> 2-Should I try to set it up where all the computers can print  to any of the Printers?
>
> I have done number 1 but have never done  number 2.

If you want to do number two you have to make a connection between the clusters like a ring.

But stick to option 1 i think.. if you want to share a printer with 5 printers you need connect the printer to a free port
or you can connect the printer to one pc, that will be the printerserver for that group than. You must share the printer
also than under windows so that you can setup the other pc's to look at that computer and to print to that printer...

--
Anne Meinema

www.clockspeeding.cjb.net    of http://clockspeeding.cjb.net

Site Description/Sections : Formula 1, Delta Force, Overclocking and More

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html