From:
Carl McGarry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 23:06:59 -0400
Hello Dave,

Friday, Friday, October 08, 1999, you wrote:

DG>   You should never need a cross-over cable to connect a NIC to a hub!
<snip>
DG>   You *might* need a cross-over cable to connect two hubs together,
DG> but most 5-port hubs I've seen have one port already wired as a cross-
DG> over so a straight cable can be used for this purpose.  [I've asked
DG> Walter in private email to make sure that he doesn't have one of the
DG> PCs plugged into such a port on the hub....]
<snip>

Thank you for reiterating my comments. ;) As indicated, he does need
to have a crossover at some point in between his terminals.

Furthermore, he has indicated that he can see each computer on its own
Network N. but neither can see the other, which leads me to believe
that he has a physical network issue. Perhaps I have misread his info?

Best regards,
Carl W. McGarry

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html