From:
Ronald Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2015 05:58:56 +0000
Hello, I have been trying without success to copy a backup of my hard drive, which refuses to boot, to a new hard drive in a Toshiba Satellite C660, with Windows 7 on the old drive.I have the old HDD in an enclosure, attached by usb to the laptop, and with a Windows 7 Rescue disc in the CD drive it is possible to see all the folders and files on the old drive. But the 'System Repair Options' window does not display the Win7 OS which has been saved in the old HD as 'WindowsImageBackup'. How can I get this OS to appear in the window?Neither of the buttons '...Select OS to repair' or 'Restore using image created
earlier' bring up anything in the window.Instructions say 'If your OS isn't listed, click 'load drivers' and then install drivers for your HDs.' But when  I click 'load drivers', it asks me to "insert the installation media for the device and click OK to select the driver."Clicking 'OK' calls up a window called "open" and a folder called 'System32' (and a list of the many files it contains). Ascending the tree of which it is a branch, leading to a level "Computer" and a list of four HDDs: System (E:), Local Drive (F:), Data (G:), and Boot (x:). There are also two devices with 'Removable Storage': Removable disc (C:) and CD Drive (D:) Repair Disc. Clicking on Removable Disc (C:) gets the response 'Insert a disc into RD (C:)It seems to me that this disc, RD (C:), is the old Hard Drive (in an enclosure attached via a usb port). It contains the 4 folders just mentioned, and Data (G:) contains the WindowsImageBackup.At this point I am baffled; how can I re-image my new Hard Drive, which is in the laptop and has been validated (Seatool) and formatted (Paragon)?
All attempts have simply run into the error 'System Restore failed. Sys can't find the file specified (0x80070002)'.

                          PCSOFT's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>