From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 06:34:47 -0600
At 09:01 PM 5/12/98 +0400, you wrote:

>        I have an AST adventure 8090p computer. I want upgrade my
>disk space, but I have a problem. In my MoBo I have only one IDE
>connector, the another connector is empty (it has not the pins) and
>only the silvery points are there. I need that IDE connector, cause
>I'll have two HD and one CD-ROM (The CD-ROM can't be connected to
>the Sound Blaster card cause it's a SONY CD-ROM, I tried but it
>didn't work).

Which model CD-ROM and SoundBlaster do you have?  Some SoundBlaster cards
do have an IDE connector on them but others have a connector that looks
like IDE but is not.  I'm wondering if the problem is not with the
SoundBlaster but with the CD-ROM itself.

>        I thought to get de IDE connector and solder it to the MoBo.
>I have no experience with these things, I'm only an "amateur".

You could easily damage the motherboard.  You should be able to find an IDE
adaptor card that fits into a slot and allows connecting two more hard
drives.  Many CD-ROMs sold in retail stores come with these cards.  What
kind of computer is this?  I cannot tell from the model number.