From:
Wayne Aiello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 16:26:47 -1000
At 08:30 AM 1/4/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I formatted my hard drive a few days ago using a boot up disk at startup and
>then format c:\. I then tried loading windows 95 onto it but everytime it
>gets through scanning my system and accepting the contract thing I get the
>following message: "Boot Sector Write. Possible Virus: Continue Y/N?" And
>then the computer gets stuck and I always have to reset. I tried my own
>Win95 CD and then a friend's. It still gives the same message. If my
>computer does have a virus wouldn't it get deleted when I format my whole
>hard disk? Someone suggested that it could be a Boot sector virus. I have no
>idea what to do now. My computer is stuck. Am I going about this the wrong
>way? Can someone help me?

I believe the BIOS anti-virus protection is enabled. Reboot and enter
Setup, usually with a keystoke like DELETE, it will many times tell you at
the bottom of the screen which key to use. Then look for Boot Virus
Detection or something silimar and disable it, again usually the keystrokes
are shown at the bottom of the screen.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com