From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:55:42 -0800
Diane

If I remember correctly, you last posted that you had reinstalled an
updated sound program and the sound was working (I did not keep a copy
of your post). If the sound is now working when you boot from your
existing HD, but does not work when you boot from the new HD (I think
that is what you are describing), I would copy the sound program
installation file from the existing HD to the new HD and than install it
on the new HD. That may work.

Since your existing HD is "clean", I really do not know why you keep
switching between both HD's. I would just set up the new HD as the boot
HD (C drive) and leave it that way (if that is the HD that you want as
your C drive). Just follow the instructions you have from the hard drive
manufacturer. Then go from there as to uninstalling and reinstalling
programs and moving data files.

The video driver has to do with "video" and not "audio".

I hope this helps.

Tom

Diane wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I ran AVG and Spybot on my existing drive, which seemed to fix the problem.
> But I seem to have another problem that doesn't exist on the new drive.
>
> The first things I load on a new drive are my antivirus programs and then
> update them.  Then run them. So things should be ok.
>
> I found a driver for my video card and installed it.  But still no sound.
>
> My error in Device Manager is: Other Devices, Multimedia Audio Controller;
> and SPC 200NC. Both of those have the yellow question mark.
>
> Any idea how I can get sound to this drive?
>
> Diane Kroeckel

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com