From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 16:19:32 -0500
From: Bill Nussbaumer :Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] GeForce2 / AGP4X / and Abit
BH6

> Hi thanks for your detailed reply.  Both of us have the rev. 1.0
> board.  One individual on the newsgroups mentioned that the 1.0 rev of the
> BH6 doesn't support the correct voltage I/O for the card to work
> properly?  Is this possible?  What's the relation between a video card and
> motherboard as far as voltage is concerned?  I guess it goes beyond just
> replacing with a larger wattage power supply.
>
> Unfortunately the link you gave me doesn't seem to work and i haven't been
> able to track down such a list on either the Guillemont or Hercules site.
>
> His CPU used to be overclocked but he brought it down for troubleshooting.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> - Bill

Bill,

Sorry about the link when I pasted it in to the document it dropped the last
7 or 8 characters, if you copy the link and add 600.doc to the end you will
find the page.  You can go to this link:
http://www.guillemot.com/northamerica/main/products/3d_prophet/
 and then click on "Support" tab and scroll down to Available Documents,
then click on New! 02-16-00 Motherboard compatibility list for 3D Prophet
and the Xentor 32, this will bring you to the document.

When I checked the newsgroup creative.products.3d_blaster.annihilator, I
found most people not to have problems with the BH6, even with coppermines
overclocked and the GeForce Annihilators.  The GeForce requires a certain
voltage to run properly as it has a powerful cpu on it.  Newer boards from
Abit allow you to increase the I/O voltage slightly from the BIOS. Check
your BIOS and see if your voltage is adequate.  If it is running around 3.24
to 3.26 or lower you will have problems.  On the BE6 I would get lockups and
spontaneous reboots until I replaced the power supply with a 300w power
supply.  That boosted the voltage to 3.38.  I checked and I have 2 BH6
boards, one is rev 1.0 and the other is rev 1.1.  The 3.3 voltage ( Listed
as VIO ) in the KH BIOS of the rev 1.0 read 3.37 which should power the
GeForce just fine.  There is practically nothing in that computer though,
the rev 1.1 is the computer I installed the GeForce in and it's voltage is
also adequate.

Hope this helps,

Mary Wolden

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions