From:
John Dinges <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 02:15:00 -0500
Howard- I know XP is not dos based, that was why I didn't think SYS.COM would work to straighten out XP.Basically, whether it be Xp, ME, win 98, etc, in a situation like this, you are just moving data bits from one place to another that is why I felt using PM6.0 under Win ME would be okay. After the partition was resized, PM would move the data forward to the front of the partition.Apparently some of the bits didn't get put in the right places. May try defraging D: from C:. If it doesn't work I have found a couple of other things that may work. I can still access all data on D: from C: so will backup everything I want to save before I try it. Will post back as to what happens. Thanks,

John Dinges
Oregon City,OR