Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 17:26:32 +1000
> (I hate working on that thing!) Pentium 133.  He has a 6.8 GB hard
drive
> and 64 MB of ram.  After reading about Pam Leming's problems with a
200MHz,
> I wonder if he'll be spitting in the wind with an IDE drive.  Are SCSI

> drives much more expensive?
>
> I think someone on this list had a CD-R on a 486, but was that SCSI?
>
> Your thoughts?
>
> Thank you.
>

> J. Paul Jones

paul,
I have used an ide Ricoh  cdr - rw on my P166 with 64meg of ram before I
upgraded, I had a few failures but that was mostly down to inexperience
(I think). The setup did work tho, I would guess that if you are
prepared to copy everything to the hard drive first, and burn at 1x
speed, you ought to be able to copy most things.  A SCSI would work
better but you'd have to buy a scsi card to go with it.... more money!

Leigh Jennings