From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2008 12:42:06 -0400
I "always" tell my BIOS to initialize the PCI video first.
EVEN IF I do not have one.
(And I do not disable any other video unless I have to.)
I figure I will always have the chance to "add" a PCI video
when (if) needed...

I have seen where people disable things, and tell the MB
integrated chipset video to initialize first, and when it "fries"
they find themselves "locked out" of the BIOS and "blind"...

                                            Rick Glazier

From: "Harold Matson" Card
>It could be some MOBO's automaticaly disable on bord
> devices when a duplicate is slotted in.
> Harold Matson
>
> Thomas Mayer wrote:
>> The EPox site does not offer much information so I do not know for
>> sure, but if you check your manual, you may find that there is a
>> jumper or BIOS setting required to use a video card rather than the
>> integrated video.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> z.Fenna6 wrote:
>>> I have an EPox EP-9NPA+Sli mobo with onboard Nvidia geForce 6600
>>> video.  I installed a video card when the PC was built - VGA PNY 6600
>>> 256M, but when I run SIW for a system scan, it shows the Nvidia video
>>> (hardware & drivers) but NOT the PNY card.  I paid a small computer
>>> reseller to let me build the PC on their bench and to check it when I
>>> was done.  Apparently something is not right.  Can anyone help me?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com