From:
Justin Berger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:41:06 -0800
Hello,

I just recently put together a new computer.
I'm striping 2 SATA drives and using an AMD 3800 processor.
I am also using an ABIT AN8 Ultra motherboard.

I have a 160 GB Iomega external harddrive that plugs into my USB port, but everytime I plug it in it freezes my computer.
At first I thought it was a power problem, so I bought a new 500 Watt power supply and it seemed to work at first, but then soon after the same problem occurred again.
I never had this problem with my last computer, which was also a striped SATA drive system.
I'm not sure what could be causing this so any help would be appreciated.

I am running Windows XP Professional (same as my old computer) and have the USB 2.0 drivers installed.

Everything on the computer is brand new and I can't for the life of me figure out why it's having such a hardtime with my external HD.

Thanks!

-Justin

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com